2020 highlights include:
- In-depth reviews of significant decisions from both the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court from the past year.
- Explore real world tips, suggestions and insights for litigating writ claims at every step in the process, from preliminary investigation, to trial court, to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, with Practical Tips from Litigators.
- Insight into the digital revolution with Appellate Practice in the Digital Age.
- Legal writing tips and tricks with How to Write Plainly, with Professor Wayne Schiess and Improve Your Legal Writing, with Professor Kamela Bridges.
- A deep dive into the ethical dimensions of ineffective assistance of counsel and prosecutorial misconduct claims, as well as best practices on how to handle these claims.
Earn up to 13.25 hours of MCLE credit (including 2.25 hours of ethics) while networking with your fellow practitioners and members of the judiciary.
** NEW THIS YEAR! Join your colleagues and conference faculty at the Wednesday Evening Opening Reception, hosted by the State Bar of Texas Appellate Section.