- Examine recent tax law developments that affect institutions of higher education, including updates on Congressional activity, IRS rulings, and judicial decisions.
- Hear the current Legislative and Policy Outlook for Colleges and Universities and how Congress is examining exempt organizations.
- Understand the recently released safe harbors regarding management contracts and tax-exempt bonds.
- Analyze the complex tax considerations for faculty inventor payments that arise when a university shares revenue from licensing technology.
- Explore emerging issues around the property tax exemption and recent experiences from private and public institutions
- Discuss commonly missed or misinterpreted fringe benefits provided by colleges and universities.
- Examine various types of non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements and the tax rules that apply to them.
- Get tips and strategies from seasoned campus leaders for operating a university tax department, including a variety of models and structures.
NEW THIS YEAR – come early on Sunday and attend the Higher Education Taxation Essentials program starting at noon – a great starter for those new to the higher education tax field and a perfect refresher for those who aren’t.