2019 Highlights include:
- Candid discussion among Texas Supreme Court Justices, including Chief Justice Nathan L. Hecht, about what’s new at the Court, the state of the docket, and tips for practitioners.
- A View from the Court of Appeals, featuring Hon. Richard F. Hightower, First Court of Appeals (Houston, TX), Hon. Amanda L. Reichek, Fifth Court of Appeals (Dallas, TX), and Hon. Gisela D. Triana, Third Court of Appeals (Austin, TX).
- Deep dives into Governmental Immunity Under State Law and The Evolving Law of Federal Official Immunity, along with engaging discussion of Compensatory Damages on Appeal and the looming threat of The Dicta Plague
- Insight into Indeliberate Practice: How the Business of Law Will Make You Mediocre (If You Let It) with Kendall M. Gray, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
- Examination of the effective (and ineffective) use of appellate lawyers during and immediately after trial with Hon. Barbara M. G. Lynn, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas (Dallas, TX) and Hon Daryl L. Moore, 333rd District Court (Houston, TX)
- Friday afternoon’s traditional Luncheon with the Judiciary, to connect with members of the state and federal judiciary, and Thursday evening’s Networking Reception to connect with familiar and new colleagues