2020 highlights include:
- Candid discussion among Texas Supreme Court Justices, including Chief Justice Nathan L. Hecht, about what’s new at the Court, the state of the docket, and tips for practitioners.
- Updates on recent opinions from the Texas Supreme Court, U.S. Supreme Court, and Fifth Circuit on contract issues, attorney’s fees, advanced personal jurisdiction, and certification.
- Tips for using visuals to transform briefs and writing effective replies, in addition to the findings included in the 2020 Texas Appellate Judicial Survey.
- Insight into Preparing for and Delivering an Effective Appellate Argument from Michael Dreeben, O’Melveny & Myers LLP, Washington, DC.
- 2.50 hours of ethics, including presentations on Standards for Appellate Conduct, Courts Respond to #MeToo, and the always popular Ethics Game Show.
- Multiple networking opportunities to connect with fellow colleagues and members of the judiciary, including Thursday’s Evening Reception and Friday’s Luncheon with the Judiciary.