- Listen as Professor Jay L. Westbrook leads a panel of distinguished practitioners to discuss this year’s cases in the perennial favorite, Recent Developments.
- A Peek Under the Robes: Judicial Panel, moderated by Judge H. Christopher Mott offers a unique showdown between Bankruptcy Judges and their trusty Law Clerks.
- Hear the latest on bankruptcies in the real estate, healthcare, and retail industries.
- Select from Thursday afternoon concurrent tracks:
- Business Track includes discussions on the rise of equity committees; the briefing, arguments, and implications of the U.S. Supreme Court’s consideration (and perhaps decision) of the scope of the Section 546(e) safe harbor in Merit Management Group v. FTI Consulting; what steps a company should and should not take prior to a bankruptcy filing; implications of Jevic on business bankruptcy cases; and practice tips to avoid pitfalls in post-confirmation subject matter jurisdiction.
- Consumer Track includes discussions on dischargeability of taxes in Chapter 7 and 13 cases; Community Property, Divorce and Bankruptcy—What Could Possibly go Wrong; How to Make the Trustee Happy and Keep Your Client out of Trouble; Espinosa Update and Other Post-Confirmation Chapter 13 Matters.
- Gain insight on Jevic; student loans; SCOTUS judicial decision making; formulating, confirming and implementing complex plans; trail advocacy for bankruptcy practitioners; and much more.