2016 highlights include:
- Updates on consumer bankruptcy cases from the Fifth Circuit with Hon. Marvin Isgur, Hon. Brenda T. Rhoades, Hon. Craig A. Gargotta, and Hon. Eduardo V. Rodriguez, and deeper insights into key Fifth Circuit and Supreme Court cases with Sally Henry, Texas Tech University School of Law
- Practical tips on the bankruptcy process from start to finish, including Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about the Automatic Stay (But Were Afraid to Ask) and Top 5 Ways to Lose Your Discharge
- An exploration of domestic support obligations in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy with Ashley Carroll, Office of the Attorney General and Tracie M. Shelby, The Shelby Law Firm
- Updates on the Homestead Exemption, RESPA's Impact on Chapter 13 and Monthly Escrow Payments and New Forms and Rule 3002.1 Notices
- Audience Q&A with Hon. Tony M. Davis, Hon. Douglas D. Dodd, Hon. H. DeWayne “Cooter” Hale, and Hon. Jeffrey P. Norman
- Hello from the Other Side: Law Clerk Panel on Ethics and Court Procedures, featuring discussion of court procedures and preferences among clerks from each of Texas’ judicial districts
- The Return of the Smackdown with Michael V. Baumer and Hon. Marvin Isgur
- Interaction and networking opportunities with judges, trustees and practitioners throughout the conference, including breakfast breakout sessions on Friday morning
Attendees and faculty are encouraged to dress “beach casual” and bring the family to enjoy Moody Gardens on Galveston Island.
Enrich your conference experience with a conference mentor/mentee
Whether you’re new to the practice area, a seasoned pro, or looking for a peer to bounce ideas with, consider conference mentoring. This is a first for UT Law CLE, and we’re keeping it casual and unstructured – no scheduled activities or commitments. Simply chat during a break, or set aside time for more substantive conversation.
Make your choice (mentor, mentee or peer) on the registration form, and we’ll match you to a fellow attendee!