- A review of the recent rule changes, including tips you should know and traps you should avoid.
- Insight from the Acting U.S. Trustee for Region 7 on topics such as the means test and debtor audits.
- Audience voting on the “Sweet Sixteen” cases to include in your briefcase to take to hearings.
- Advice on How to Claim, Attack, and Defend Exemptions, including the reasons behind exemptions and how to ensure creditors receive some payment.
- Analysis of The Intersection of Bankruptcy and Criminal Law: From Bankruptcy Crimes to the Fifth Amendment.
- Breakfast Breakout Sessions for each district, featuring casual discussion with district bankruptcy judges and Chapter 13 trustees.
- Networking reception where attendees can connect with old colleagues and meet new ones.
Pro Bono Clinic - New This Year!
Join UT Law CLE, Lone Star Legal Aid, and the Bankruptcy Law Section of the State Bar of Texas for a pro bono clinic following the conference on Friday, July 27 from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Attendees will learn about the services LSLA offers, and how attendees can use their training to make a difference in the community, and are encouraged to sign up to help a client in need of legal services.
For more information about the clinic, contact Lone Star Legal Aid at (800) 733-8394 x1217. To register for the conference and the clinic (and to claim your $100 discount) contact UT Law CLE Customer Service at (512) 475-6700.