- Tips on Avoiding the Dreaded Non-Compliant “White Card” with a step-by-step walk through of TRAP Rule 73 and 11.07 habeas application compliance.
- Analysis of legislative and rule changes affecting appellate practitioners, including HB34.
- Legal writing tips and tricks with Six (or More) Techniques for Readable, Persuasive Sentences and How to Improve Your Brief Writing.
- Guidance on how to prosecute and defend motions for a new trial from both sides of the aisle.
- Insight into Maintaining Your Credibility in Court, with discussion of creativity versus credibility and how to zealously advocate for your client without falling on your face.
- Reviews of significant decisions from both the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Updates on Brady case law and its associated ethical provisions, and an examination of significant decisions handed down since the Michael Morton Act.
- The opportunity to earn 13.25 hours of MCLE (including 2.25 hours of ethics) while networking with your fellow practitioners and members of the judiciary.