The Estate Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law Conference presents current developments and practical tips for estate planners and elder law attorneys, offers essential information for guardian ad litems, and provides a must-have set of materials and resources.
- Review the latest developments during ‘Case Law Update’ and ‘Legislative Update’
- Gain insight into the practice of elder law during ‘A Toolkit for New Elder Law Practitioners’
- Hear perspectives from practitioners and from representatives of HHSC and the OIG in the one-of-a-kind series of presentations on ‘HHSC Policy and Practices, and Potential Accusations of Fraud’
- Learn practical estate planning strategies following the American Taxpayer Relief Act, including changes to the gift and estate tax laws
- Answers to your questions at the popular "Ask the Experts" panel
- Analyze select topics including the unexpected complexities of fundraising, attorney’s fees in probate court, disposition of remains issues, spousal protection trusts, and estate planning for singletons
- Examine guardianship essentials and hot topics—earn up to 3.25 hours of Guardianship credit
- Earn up to 3.75 hours of legal ethics credit
- Network during Thursday evening’s Reception—all attendees are invited
This conference is informative and informal—attendees and faculty are encouraged to dress casually and bring the family to enjoy Moody Gardens on Galveston Island!