The 2-day program offers in-depth discussion on issues at the forefront of immigration practice, and provides tools, forms, tips and guidance on key decision points and strategies in family-based and employment-based immigration, including the increasing importance of removal and relief from removal. Gain strategies to provide the best advocacy for your clients while protecting yourself and your practice.
- Gain practical insight into new immigration policies and the current political landscape.
- Review the latest Supreme Court, Fifth Circuit, and Board of Immigration Appeals cases and decisions.
- Know your rights at the border, and hear practical advice on how to protect you and your clients.
- Examine business-based immigration topics including an overview of work visas, a deeper dive into H1-B visas and common problems for employers, PERM processing, and worksite enforcement.
- Learn how to prepare for audits and raids and what to do once they occur.
- Review procedures, options, and defenses for removal.
- Discuss how to avoid and address your client’s fraud or misrepresentation findings when dealing with the USCIS, DOS, and Immigration court.
- Interact with faculty, fellow practitioners and pro bono organization representatives during Thursday’s Networking Reception and Pro Bono Mixer.
Come a day early for the Fundamentals of Immigration and Nationality Law - ideal for new entrants to the field or as a refresher for experienced practitioners.