This year’s highlights include:
- An Update from the USPTO from Andrei Iancu, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- An in-depth discussion of the Global Patent Landscape including the influence of countries like China and others on the U.S. patent system and patent enforcement.
- An update on Section 101 and recent decisions impacting the drafting of patents in the life-sciences and software/technology sectors.
- A review of the year’s key patent decisions in the Federal Circuit and Supreme Court, and their impact on patent practice.
- Insight into PTAB practices, including an update from Acting Chief Judge Scott Boalick.
- Discussion of how SEP/FRAND issues are evolving at home and abroad with the growth of the internet of things.
- Practical guidance on topics ranging from patent insurance to practicing in the cloud.
- Presentations from members of the judiciary including a Federal Circuit Luncheon Keynote, as well as the popular Judicial Panel.