2016 highlights include:
- Focused series of presentations on Gatekeeper Duties and Liabilities, When It All Goes Wrong: Preparing for and Managing the Fallout, and Fiduciary Duties of Governing Persons of Business Entities
- Learn the latest about cybersecurity policies and protections and best practices for your office and your clients to be prepared for what’s next with Erin Nealy Cox, Stroz Friedberg, Dallas, TX, Associate Regional Director for Examinations Marshall M. Gandy, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Fort Worth, TX, and Richard J. Johnson, Jones Day, Dallas, TX
- John A. Terrill II, Heckscher, Teillon, Terrill & Sager P.C., West Conshohocken, PA, presents The Financial Action Task Force and the Role of Lawyers in Combating Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- A deep dive into the fiduciary duties of governing persons panel discussion led by Byron F. Egan, Jackson Walker, LLP, Dallas, TX, with Hon. Sam Glasscock III, Delaware Court of Chancery, Georgetown, DE, James R. Griffin, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, Redwood City, CA, Mark A. Morton, Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP, Wilmington, DE, and former Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court, Myron T. Steele, Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP, Wilmington, DE
- Invaluable networking opportunities with program faculty and attendees throughout, including the Thursday Evening Reception in the 42nd Floor Club, which provides a breathtaking view of the Dallas skyline
The conference is jointly presented by The University of Texas School of Law, the Texas State Securities Board, the Fort Worth District Office of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas.