The Higher Education Taxation Institute (HETI) provides a unique forum for college and university tax professionals from around the country to examine and discuss federal tax issues and compliance, as well as legislative, judicial, regulatory, and administrative changes affecting colleges and universities.
- Examine recent tax law developments that affect institutions of higher education, including updates on congressional activity, IRS rulings, and judicial decisions.
- Review best practices in managing the tax compliance process related to executive benefits, including a conversation around IRS guidance and new rules.
- Explore challenges, considerations, and best practices related to expense allocation to help organizations assure that their expense-tracking methodology is current, understandable, and defensible.
- Gain insight on nonresident alien tax compliance.
- Hear practical guidance on how to prepare for and survive an IRS audit.
- Visit with program faculty and attendees at the Monday Evening Welcome to Texas BBQ Reception.
Join us on Sunday for the Higher Education Taxation Essentials program beginning at noon—a great introduction for those new to the higher education tax field and a perfect refresher for those who aren’t.