The 14th Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute at the
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office offers a unique opportunity to join USPTO senior staff, leading practitioners, academics, and members of the federal judiciary for two days of presentations on the latest developments in patent law.
This year’s highlights include:
- An Update from the USPTO from Andrei Iancu, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- An in-depth discussion of the Global Patent Landscape including the influence of countries like China and others on the U.S. patent system and patent enforcement.
- An update on Section 101 and recent decisions impacting the drafting of patents in the life-sciences and software/technology sectors.
- A review of the year’s key patent decisions in the Federal Circuit and Supreme Court, and their impact on patent practice.
- Insight into PTAB practices, including an update from Acting Chief Judge Scott Boalick.
- Discussion of how SEP/FRAND issues are evolving at home and abroad with the growth of the internet of things.
- Practical guidance on topics ranging from patent insurance to practicing in the cloud.
- Presentations from members of the judiciary including a Federal Circuit Luncheon Keynote, as well as the popular Judicial Panel.
Preview mode. You must be signed in and have
purchased this eConference to have full access.
Total Credit Hours:
TX MCLE credit expires: