The 15th Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute at the
United States Patent and Trademark Office offers a unique opportunity to join USPTO senior staff, leading practitioners, academics, and members of the federal judiciary for two days of presentations on the latest developments in patent law. This year’s highlights include:
- An Update from the USPTO from Andrei Iancu, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Current Global Enforcement Trends including the influence of countries like Germany, China and others on the U.S. patent system and patent enforcement.
- An in-depth discussion on Section 101, comparing/contrasting its application across different technologies and life sciences.
- Hot design patent issues and practical implications of recent decisions.
- Recent developments and practices before the PTAB, including an update from Chief Judge Scott Boalick.
- Coverage of current issues and best practices for patent practitioners: Section 102 “nuts and bolts”, double patenting issues, after final rejection practice, and more.
- A review of the year’s key patent decisions in the Federal Circuit and Supreme Court, and their impact on patent practice.
- Insight from members of the federal judiciary as part of the popular Judicial Panel.
Preview mode. You must be signed in and have
purchased this eConference to have full access.
Total Credit Hours:
Expected availability 4/1/2020
TX MCLE credit expires: