eCourse art


A Lawyer's Duty in a Democracy Under Attack

Contains material from Apr 2023

A Lawyer's Duty in a Democracy Under Attack
4.34 out of 5 stars
What was the overall quality of the course (presentation, materials, and technical delivery)?
Rate the overall teaching effectiveness and presentation skills of faculty for the course.
How would you rate the value of the materials provided as part of the course?

Good ideals, but not sure how easy it is to put the ideals into practical action. People do not revere lawyers anymore. The commercials have solidified that. As I saw on a forum the other day, "98% of lawyers give the other 2% a bad name." And, with social media, it is impossible to stop or refute disinformation. Several years ago I tried doing that. My blood pressure shot through the roof, I had to get on medication, and thankfully I got off social media to get myself back in check.

I would include much more details in situations suggesting attorneys are not involved in protecting democracy. Often attorneys are most concerned about successful practice of law for clients.

Excellent CLE, very informative and timely


Very good analysis of our history and current state with a focus on characteristic which threaten us.

Outstanding presentation! Mike, did a very good job of distilling what it means to be lawyer in a democracy under attack.

Technical Questions?

Includes: Video Slides

  • Total Credit Hours:
  • 0.75 | 0.75 ethics
  • Credit Info
  • TX, CA, PA
  • TX MCLE credit expires: 4/30/2025

Preview mode. You must be signed in, have purchased this eCourse, and the eCourse must be active to have full access.
Preview Sessions

Show session details

1. A Lawyer's Duty in a Democracy Under Attack (Apr 2023)

Michael Curry

0.75 0.75 0.00 0.75 | 0.75 ethics
Preview Materials

Download session materials for offline use

43 mins
25 pgs
Session 1 —43 mins
0.75 | 0.75 ethics
A Lawyer's Duty in a Democracy Under Attack (Apr 2023)

An examination of lawyers' duty to support the Constitution and democratic principles when they are being challenged. 

Originally presented: Apr 2023 First Friday Ethics (April 2023)

Michael Curry, Attorney-Mediator - Austin, TX