Learn from nationally-recognized experts, experience world-class presentations and network with colleagues.
CLE Credit for Texas, California and Oklahoma
The University of Texas School of Law is a State Bar of Texas approved MCLE sponsor, a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider and an Oklahoma Bar Association presumptively approved provider.
- Texas (TX) CLE Credit Reporting—A Texas MCLE reporting form is included in the conference registrant’s course materials. Attendees need to complete and return the form to the onsite UT CLE registration desk at the conclusion of the conference. UT Law CLE reports credit to the State Bar of Texas within 5-10 business days after the conference, on the attendee’s behalf. If the conference attendee is attempting to claim credit within the last week of the birth month, credit should be self-reported directly to the State Bar of Texas by the attendee.
- California (CA) CLE Credit Reporting—Attendees seeking CLE credit from the State Bar of California must sign-in on the Record of Attendance Form at the UT Law CLE registration desk at the live conference. Additionally, those seeking California CLE credit need to self-report CLE credit directly to the State Bar of California. Upon request, a Certificate of Attendance is provided at the conference for personal records.
- Oklahoma (OK) CLE Credit Reporting— Attendees seeking CLE credit from the Oklahoma Bar Association must sign-in on the Record of Attendance Form at the UT Law CLE registration desk at the live conference. Additionally, those seeking Oklahoma CLE credit need to self-report CLE credit directly to the Oklahoma Bar Association within 30 days after the conference. Upon request, a Certificate of Attendance is provided at the conference for personal records.
- Other States—Many jurisdictions accept conferences offered by The University of Texas School of Law for CLE credit. Please check with the individual jurisdiction regarding regulatory authority. Upon request, a Certificate of Attendance is provided at the conference for personal records. Check the conference web page at www.utcle.org or the conference brochure for information regarding additional states that may be approved for particular UT Law CLE conferences.
All live UT Law CLE conferences offer Texas Continuing Professional Education credit for accountants. Select UT Law CLE conferences offer National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) CPE credit. Check “Credit Info” on the conference web page at www.utcle.org or the conference brochure for information regarding a specific conference.
Select UT Law CLE conferences are approved for other professional accreditation. Refer to "Credit Info" on the conference web page at www.utcle.org or the conference brochure for specific information. If additional information is needed, please email email@example.com or call 512.475.6700 during business hours, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Online (for credit card transactions only)
- Sign in to Your Account or create Your Account on www.utcle.org
- Select the conference to attend under “Upcoming Live Conferences or Conferences”
- Click the “Register” button
- Arrive at the Conference Registration page. NOTE: This page also provides the option to download (PDF format) a printable conference registration form.
- Select the preferred conference Location and/or Date, if applicable
- Select the Registration Type, typically “Individual”
- Chose Printed Course Materials for an additional fee
NOTE: All conference registrations include course materials in an electronic format. Printed course binders are available for an additional fee until the advertised date. Contact UT Law CLE at 512.475.6700 for possible availability after the advertised date. Some UT Law CLE conferences offer optional sessions, tracks or special events for the conference. Some of these selections are subject to additional fees
- After all conference selections are complete, click the “Add to Cart” button
- Finalize the registration by confirming the items in the “Shopping Cart.” adding payment (credit card only) information, confirming the billing information and email address. Click the blue “Purchase” button.
- A confirmation and receipt is sent to all email addresses that accompany the order.
- Approximately 24-48 hours prior to the start of the conference, an email is sent to conference registrant. The email contains information about the conference and a link to the conference materials, included with the registration fee. A UT Law CLE user name and password is required to access conference materials.
Send registration form* with payment (check, money order, credit card or purchase order) to:
The University of Texas School of Law
*Registration forms can be downloaded from www.utcle.org and found on most conference brochures.
PO Box 7759
Austin, TX 78713-7759
Send registration form* with payment information (credit card or purchase order) to:
*Registration forms can be downloaded from www.utcle.org and found on most conference brochures.
Conference registrations or product orders can be placed by phone with a representative by calling 512.475.6700 during business hours Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST).
UT Law CLE follows The University of Texas at Austin holiday and closings schedule.
Conference registrations are accepted at the conference location based on availability. Before arriving to the conference site, check the conference status on www.utcle.org/conferences or call 512.475.6700 during business hours for “walk-in” registration availability.
To register two or more attendees for a conference, contact Customer Service at 512.475.6700 during business hours, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)
Special rates may be available for groups of five or more registering for the same conference, in a single transaction.
Live Conference Registration Includes:
- Course materials in electronic format—downloadable papers, slides and attendee roster in PDF format. This information is available in Your Briefcase typically 24-48 hours prior to the start of the conference.
NOTE: Printed course binders are available for purchase for most UT Law CLE conferences. Printed course binders are distributed to the registrant at the conference venue at check-in. Please see the conference web page or conference registration form for pricing and order deadline information.
- eConference of the corresponding live conference. The eConference includes downloadable conference materials papers, handouts and slides in PDF format. Additionally the eConference contains audio, and in some cases video recordings, of the conference sessions. The eConference is accredited for Texas and California CLE credit and provides conference registrants who may have missed particular session(s) or the entire live conference an opportunity to obtain CLE credit. The eConference credit hours may differ from those provided for the live conference. 180-day access for Texas and California CLE credit begins once the eConference is available and added to Your Briefcase on www.utcle.org, typically 6-8 weeks after the live conference. The eConference is available to all conference registrants at no additional cost.
- Unlimited access to Complete Conference Materials in Your Briefcase approximately 6-8 weeks after the live conference. Complete Conference Materials include downloadable papers, handouts and slides in PDF format for available conference sessions. This information includes any updated conference materials that may not have been included in the initial conference course materials.
- Continental breakfast and light refreshments throughout the conference day(s). Each conference may offer additional events and other unique benefits. Check the conference web page at www.utcle.org or the conference brochure for conference specific information.
UT Law CLE recognizes that lawyers may need financial assistance to meet their MCLE requirements. As a service to the legal profession and as part of our vision to Practice Excellence, UT Law CLE makes available a limited number of full and partial scholarships to attend most conferences. Applications are available online, and must be submitted no later than 30 calendar days before the conference start date. No late applications will be considered. Please note that scholarship applications decisions are final, and a past scholarship award does not guarantee future awards. Click here to complete a Scholarship Application
Discounted Registration Rates
UT Law CLE offers reduced or complimentary registration rates for judges, law professors, law students, academics, first-year law school graduates, state/government employees, UT System employees and Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts (IOLTA)-funded organizations. Check the conference webpage, conference brochure or contact UT Law CLE Customer Service at 512.475.6700 to determine discount eligibly.
UT Law CLE reserves the right to limit and/or suspend conference registration offers. All offers are subject to availability.
Conference registrants requiring special accommodations, such as dietary requirements or accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, should contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 512.475.6700 during business hours (Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)) to request arrangements with onsite conference staff. Requests should be made no later than 10 business days prior to the conference, and UT Law CLE cannot guarantee it will be able to arrange any accommodation requested after that time.
Business casual attire is recommended for most UT Law CLE conferences. Keep in mind that meeting room temperatures vary at each conference venue.
Parking information for each conference venue is located on the conference web page on www.utcle.org and the conference brochure. Published parking rates are subject to change.
Special room rates may be available for live, multi-day UT Law CLE conferences. Accommodation information, such as venue location, room rate and cutoff date, is provided on the conference web page on www.utcle.org and conference brochure. All hotel room rates are subject to availability. Conference registrants are responsible for arranging and paying for individual hotel accommodations and related expenses.
Conference Registration Cancellation Alternatives
Registered for a live conference, but unable to attend? UT Law CLE offers alternatives to cancelling a live conference registration.
Missed Your Chance to Register for a Live Conference?
- eConference—Registrants who are unable to attend an entire live conference or particular sessions of the conference and maintain their registration have automatic access to an eConference at no additional cost. The eConference is approved for Texas and California MCLE credit and includes papers, handouts and slides from the conference, as well as audio recordings of available conference sessions. Some UT Law CLE eConferences include video in MP4 format. eConferences are typically available 6-8 weeks after the live conference. Registrants seeking CLE credit have approximately 180 days to access the sessions once the eConference is available and added to Your Briefcase. Please note that eConference credit hours may differ from credit hours provided for the corresponding live conference.
- Substitution— UT Law CLE permits the transfer of a conference registration to a designated colleague or associate, prior to the start of a live or webcast conference. Please call 512.475.6700 during business hours (Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)) and speak with a UT Law CLE representative to arrange a substitution.
- Exchange—Payments made for conference registrations can be applied to another conference or UT Law CLE product. The exchange process is subject to availability, pricing variances, key dates and fees. Please contact a UT law CLE representative at 512.475.6700 during business hours (Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)) for an exchange transaction.
- Cancellation—Conference registrations can be cancelled for full or partial refunds based upon conference “Key Dates.” Specific dates identify refund information and are published on the conference web page at www.utcle.org or on the conference brochure. Please contact a UT Law CLE representative at 512.475.6700 during business hours Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)) for a conference registration cancellation.
UT Law CLE conferences may reach capacity and are considered “sold out.” On occasion, special waitlist opportunities or alternatives to an in-person conference experience, are available. Refer to the conference web page at www.utcle.org or call 512.475.6700 during business hours (Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)) for conference status or more information.
Program may be subject to change.