- Led by Professor Jay L. Westbrook, the perennial favorite, Recent Developments is back with a panel of distinguished practitioners to discuss this year’s cases.
- Learn what makes the judges tick as the old guard, Judges Isgur, Parker and Gargotta interview the new guard in the Judicial Spotlight.
- Hear valuable guidance and explore the ethical issues that lawyers need to be aware of regarding cryptocurrencies and social media use.
- Select from Thursday afternoon concurrent tracks:
- Business Track includes discussions on the use of in-house counsel as witnesses; the trends of adequate protection in the use, sale or lease of property of the estate; what tactics or strategies should be considered if Chapter 11 is not the preferred alternative; and recent Chapter 11 plan-related developments including substantive consolidation, “per plan” versus “per debtor” considerations, and third-party releases.
- Consumer Track includes discussions on Jevic in the consumer context; turnover after In Re Cowan, 849 F. 3rd 943; the latest on the loan modification program proposed for Texas; and how to deal and not deal with exemption issues pre-bankruptcy.
- Gain insight on the use of technology in the courtroom; circuit splits; ethical considerations in section 363 sales; how to maximize the potential for a positive mediation outcome; and much more.