2013 program highlights:
- Hon. Jennifer Walker Elrod, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, discusses cases and trends and answers your questions in Fifth Circuit Update
- Review the latest developments of Fifth Circuit consumer bankruptcy cases in Case Law Review
- Learn how to bring or defend an adversary proceeding in the bankruptcy court and factors, procedures and deadlines to consider when filing an appeal during Adversary Proceedings Nuts and Bolts from Filing through Appeal
- Customize your own program with breakout sessions for a more specialized topic selection—including Bankruptcy Basics; Family Law and Bankruptcy—No Love (or Money) Lost; Client Tips for Chapter 13 Success; Reaffirmation Agreements—Personal and Real Property; Writing Better Motions and Briefs; and Bankruptcy Tax Issues
- Gain insight into Chapter 7 practice, explore a few dos and don’ts and get advice about traps for the unwary during Chapter 7: Practical Tips and Ethical Considerations
- Hear practical strategies and suggestions in negotiating tax issues with the IRS, achieving success in Chapter 13 cases, and emergency filings and eligibility issues
- Learn how to get your judge to allow emergency funds from Judges Hale and Isgur in their annual Smackdown, Round 5: Emergency Funds in a Chapter 13 Budget
- Interact and network with judges, trustees and practitioners in breakout sessions, panels and social events, including the Night Out at the Aquarium Reception and Dinner–family and kids are welcome!
This conference is informative and informal—attendees and faculty are encouraged to dress casually and bring the family to enjoy Moody Gardens on Galveston Island!