This year’s highlights include:
- Exploration of The Boundaries of Employee Free Speech with discussion of the rights of employees to express their views and the competing rights of public and private employers to respond.
- Insight into unconscious bias in the workplace, including how it may influence workplace decisions and interactions, and the latest approaches and legal implications for addressing it.
- Examination of current activity involving Leaves of Absence Under the FMLA and ADA, including tactics for pushing back on suspected leave abuse.
- What Is It Worth? An analysis of how lawyers on each side of the docket value the settlement of cases and how to compare in terms of valuation for standard employment law situations.
- Focused presentation series on litigation strategies (featuring discussion of expert witnesses and anti-SLAPP concerns) and workforce solutions (featuring discussion of the onboarding process and preventing workplace violence).
- The latest federal and state employment case law and legislative developments, including disability issues under the ADA, guidance under the NLRA, and more.