2018 highlights include:
- Case law and legislative updates, including key updates on topics such as public rights of way, annexation, state preemption, permits, flooding and floodplains.
- Analyze the impacts of Reed v. Town of Gilbert on regulations including signs, charitable bins, and solicitation.
- Explore the use and development of emergency management plans before, during, and after a disaster.
- Examine the implications that the current social political climate has on land use and development.
- Review how zoning and economic development efforts can encourage the emergence of creative and other special districts.
- Hear how a backyard home brewing operation turned distribution brewery is supporting the revitalization efforts of downtown Taylor, Texas.
- Look at land use issues including projects outside corporate limits, county authority and ETJ, infill development, and much more.
Come a day early for Land Use Fundamentals—the perfect introduction or refresher.