2019 highlights include:
- Get case law and legislative updates, including key developments on topics such as zoning, platting, “takings,” and vested rights.
- Discuss demographics, social and economic characteristics, and trends in major urban areas in Texas and the implications for land value and use.
- Explore the areas of land use law where the federal government or the state has prohibited or significantly limited municipal regulation.
- Hear the latest trends in the municipal P3 industry in Texas including a few of the unique constitution, statutory, and practical challenges that local governments face.
- Examine the changing technology and its effect on land use and transportation planning law.
- Look at land use issues including right of way creation, state and federal rules regarding cell sites, county authority, short-term rentals, affordable housing, and much more.
Come a day early for the Land Use Fundamentals—ideal for new entrants to the field or as a refresher for experienced practitioners.