2018 program highlights include:
- Professor Ernest E. Smith shares his thoughts and perspectives from his many years of work with the oil and gas industry.
- The Case Law Update reviews recent decisions dealing with oil and gas leases, royalties, mineral conveyances, joint operating agreements, state regulation, and related topics.
- Discuss the history and development of the proration unit as a regulatory tool, and the consequences of importing the term into oil and gas leases and contracts.
- Review the evolution of the regulatory and land-title process for PSA and Allocation Wells.
- Hear the latest on Why and How to Recycle Oil and Gas Wastewater.
- Outline of the law of implied covenants, including duties imposed, standards applied, and remedies available.
- Plus information on surface use, decommissioning, P&A, executive rights and more.
The Institute is jointly presented by The University of Texas School of Law and The Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas.