UT Law CLE's 31st Annual Conference on State and Federal Appeals
– designed for advanced-level civil appellate practitioners – has earned a reputation as the premier program on appellate practice and procedure in Texas and is a must-attend event for Texas civil appellate practitioners.
2021 highlights include:
- Candid discussion among Texas Supreme Court Justices about what’s new at the Court, the state of the docket, and tips for practitioners.
- Review recent opinions from the Texas Supreme Court, U.S. Supreme Court, and U.S. Fifth Circuit on stays, supersedeas judgments, and preserving appellate complaints.
- Tips and considerations for conducting your practice virtually in Pandemic Preservation: Practice Tips for Preserving Error Before, During, and After COVID-19.
- Looking back at Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg’s work, life, family, and the pursuit of justice in Law Clerk Reminiscences of Working with RBG.
- 2.75 hours of ethics, including presentations on Meet the Press, What Should Be in Your Appellate Representation Agreement, Recovering Appellate Attorney’s Fees, and the return of Ethics Jeopardy.