2017 program highlights include:
- Professor Ernest E. Smith presents his annual Case Law Update.
- Bart W. Huffman, Reed Smith LLP, and Will R. Daugherty, Baker & Hostetler LLP, explore the ethical and legal obligations of attorneys and law firms to protect against cybersecurity threats including threats to client data and communications.
- Brian Sullivan, McElroy, Sullivan, Miller, Weber & Olmstead L.L.P., delivers the Railroad Commission Update.
- Matt Ray, Energy Transfer Partners, L.P., presents on Gas Exports to Mexico during the luncheon presentation.
- J. Robert Goldsmith Jr., Goldsmith, Bogisch & Chaires, moderates a panel discussion of Legal and Regulatory Issues in Light of Current Drilling Technology with panelists Gregory S. Mathews, Chevron USA INC., and John B. McFarland, Graves, Dougherty, Hearon & Moody.
- Hear Fun New Ways for Density and Proration Rules to Bust Your Lease with Brandon Durrett, Dykema Cox Smith.
The Institute is jointly presented by The University of Texas School of Law and The Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas.